Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sun City Girls' Charles Gocher dies at age 54

Much going on this week - mouse problems, writing projects, a busy week jobwise, and a bit of bookscouting going on. No time to write here, really - tho' I'll have Tom Holliston and New Creation stuff - outtakes from my Nerve Magazine articles - coming up at some point. Just thought I'd mention that Charles Gocher of the Sun City Girls has died, at age 54, after a long fight with cancer. I liked quite a bit of their music (and was, as some of you may recall, suspicious of certain moments/aspects). Anyhow, sad news, but I thought people would want to know.

Nels Cline plays tomorrow night at Richards on Richards, and I don't really know if I can make it, given my schedule - damn, I'm busy. But I really like Nels - as a person as well as as a musician... Well, we'll try to figure something out.

Right now I think I'll take a nap. Maybe I should throw the dead mouse in my kitchen away, first.

No comments: