Sunday, June 17, 2007

WR: Mysteries of the Organism at the Cinematheque


Too many movies to see that I'm excited about, plus there's the jazz festival and Eugene Chadbourne to consider... one must-see arthouse film coming soon that I had to mention was Dusan Makavejev's WR: Mysteries of the Organism, at the Cinematheque next Friday and Saturday (June 29th and 30th). It's seriously worth taking a break from all that jazz to go see it - it's a shocking, funny, sexy, and very intelligent film about the life and theories of Wilhelm Reich. Those of you who missed my last Discorder column - I have terminated my column, and don't really consider the last installment a piece of my writing, since it was changed a fair bit, for no good reason - might want to heed my advice now and make plans to check it out; it's a pretty special film, so much so that the image from the film has long graced the cover of Film as a Subversive Art by Amos Vogel... Tuli Kupferberg is in it, too... I'll be at the Friday show.

No comments: