Thursday, July 01, 2010

Maple Ridge Metal (the continuing saga)


So I've missed every single jazzfest show and will continue to do so - even the free Roundhouse stuff this weekend - mostly because I live at considerable remove from Vancouver now. Concerts downtown are going to be few and far between for some time to come, so my enthusiasm for writing about them is waning a bit - documenting a scene I can't take part of wouldn't actually be very entertaining for me. Thank God for Adstock and the kids who are creating a metal scene for themselves in Maple Ridge, then - who will be coming together in the center of town for a free all day outdoor concert this Sunday. I'm told Coquitlam-based headliners Ninjaspy kick ass, in particular, and I've written about the youthful prog-metal band Paradosis before (they've much improved their Myspace since then). I haven't actually seen any of the other bands before, but the way events at the Maple Ridge Gazebo work, I will be hearing it whether I go or not - so I'm gonna go! It actually sounds like a lot of fun...


Ninjaspy at Pub 340 by Femke van Delft, not to be reused without permission

No comments: