Friday, July 05, 2013

Black Flag!

Those of you kicking yourself for missing Art Bergmann - and well you should! - really ought to take a lesson and break out some cash for Black Flag (tickets are a bit pricy but the upside of that is that plenty are available). If you've never seen him sing, or only caught him with Piggy, Ron Reyes is an AMAZING punk vocalist - I was blown away at his birthday bash a few years ago by the power in his pipes, which I figured would be all rusty from disuse. Nope: he has one of the most intimidating roars I've encountered, he's looking to be in great shape after his European tour with the band, and I imagine this is going to be a fantastic-beyond-words punk show. In all seriousness - the odd spin of My War aside - I barely even listen to Rollins-era 'Flag anymore; the Jealous Again EP (with Reyes on vocals, under a despised name the band saddled him with) is where it's at...

I mean, I probably won't attend, lest a bunch of Art Bergmann fans incensed by my review on the Straight blog kick the shit out of me, but seriously: YOU should go...

No comments: