Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Opus Art Supplies' Space to Create: a good excuse to make art!

An opportunity for some light, creative fun: Opus Art Supplies has a Space to Create page, where, every month, participants can submit a drawing (each on a different set theme), which will be shown on the Opus website. It's not a contest, there are no prizes - just a fun excuse to put your art into the world. January's assignment was to draw a narwhal; I think it's safe to say that Justin Lambert's Nardwhal was the stand-out submission:
February's assignment is to draw the first letter of your name. Though I have let my artistic skills slide in favour of writing, I have submitted an A. Actually, I did two; but the first is a good example of what not to do, since the finished product must be family-friendly. Still, setting my pen to paper, somewhat trepidatious after many years not really drawing much, this is what emerged:
My girl and I got a chuckle out of that but luckily she'd brought home two submission forms. So my official submission is this! Go to the Space to Create page, linked above, for more!

No comments: