Thursday, February 19, 2015

Worryin' about myself

Totally sick... working reduced hours as it is and we get no sick days... Going into work with a deep viral cough, shivers and sweats and aches and pains, feeling weak and fatigued and dopey (partially from dope: the only meds I have around are Tylenol with codeine or Naproxen, and I'm opting for the former, since the aches have been quite uncomfortable). The doc I saw didn't think it was strep, which my girl just had, which is a bummer because I was hoping I could fight it with antibiotics. No such luck! But the show must go on.

1 comment:

Allan MacInnis said...

Well, I don't feel THAT much better but I began the painful process of hawkin' up, erm, "lung boogers" today, of a deep browny green variety. They're way in there and hard to get up, so there's been a bit of blood in my spit, too - it hurts to cough so intensely! It's been a weird illness, actually, since it has almost entirely bypassed my nose; if anything, it's seemed to sharpen my sense of smell a little. But I guess I'm on the mend, since the coughin' stuff up phase usually seems to be the final one.

In other news, sounds like Gary Floyd is doing a bit better too!